Wednesday 22 June 2011

Cocaine Blues By Dubem O Moghalu

I’d like to tell you a tale; our tale
A sad little story of boys and girls
Who became men and women and died
A story of adventures and experiments
That became addictions and took our souls
Of cocaine and champagne; poppers and weed
Of naked strangers and little children
Of pregnant girls and absent fathers
 
I’d like to tell you a tale; our tale
A sad little story of a lost generation
Of the nights we spent and the days we lost
The dreams we had and the hopes we killed
A story of loss and betrayal and despair
I’d like to tell you a story of our infatuation
I’ll wish for the story to be long and sad
So I can tell it through the night and day
 
Many things I’d like to say
Many stories I’d like to tell
But how can I tell my story
When even I can’t remember. ....

No comments:

Post a Comment